09/08/2009

Help!

Help! is a good song by the Beatles, but that's not the point. I really do need help. My brother and I were supposed to start studying Estonian, but the lessons would be on Thursdays, which isn't a good day for us. Then we chose Italian. But, today he told he wants to study Japanese! To tell you the truth, I'm not that interested in Asian languages, whereas Italian is a language I've always wanted to study. Well, I told him I definitely don't want him to study any language he doesn't want to, and I don't want him to feel sad. But, I also told him that if he wants to start studying a language with me, he has to do it this year, as there's a possibility I live in another town next year. So, we don't know what to do.. Please, help us!

I was really happy to notice that I had been tagged by this lovely lady!

1. What is your favourite item of clothing?
Hm, I'm not sure. I've been unlucky with shoes lately, I always get blisters! That's why bags, or my new capri pants.

2. What are your biggest obsessions?
There are a great many things, but right now it is to take a good, shaped bokeh photo.
I have so many photograph ideas in my head, but they are too hard to create. I also overuse exclamation marks! I just can't write without using them!

3. Who inspires you?
It depends, but lately I have been thinking a lot about one of my oldest friends. She's just so sweet and cute. I love how she wears a bandana, like in the poster 'We Can Do It!'.

4. Who is your favourite designer and why?
Minna Parikka and Paola Suhonen (her label is IVANAhelsinki). There's this funny thing about Minna's shoes. Some of the shoes become my favourites instantly, but about some I only think, "Well, that's a weird pair of shoes.." But in the end, I realise how beautiful they are! About Paola, I think her collections have always something new to offer, even though she sometimes uses same prints that she has used in hear earlier collections.

5. What is your favourite song ever?
I don't have one, I always like the songs that have been my favourites once, but not that much that I can call any my favourite song ever.

6. What is your favourite song right now?
Probably I Am a Rock by Simon & Garfunkel. Or the Visitors by ABBA. There are always a few.

7. If you were a sweetie, what would you be?
First I thought of a hard-boiled sweet called Kiss-Kiss, by Fazer (its wrapping paper is so cute!), but maybe I would be salty liquorice (salmiakki) after all. If I ever move to England, as I hope, I have to buy lots of salmiakki every time I come to Finland.

8. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet--what words would you use to describe your rainbow?Small, but bright.

9. What's your favourite film?
I have many favourites, but as this one is probably not so known, I'm going to say Life Is Beautiful. It's beautiful, sad and definitely worth watching.

10. Who's your favourite actor?
I hate choosing! Again, there are many. Just to name a few: Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Audrey Tautou, and Becki Newton (I always laugh at Amanda in Ugly Betty!). The Heartbeat TV series is also full of great actors. And of course, Gregory Peck. He's such a handsome man.

11. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?

In England. I just love the country.

12. What are your 3 favourite smells?
Cardamom, mint and the Lanvin perfume my Mom uses.

13. What are your 3 favourite tastes?
Strawberry sorbet, feta cheese and.. French fries! How barbaric. :-D

14. What is your most treasured possession?
Memories.

15. What did you always want to do/be when you grew up?
I wasn't sure, but I remember thinking about becoming a teacher.

16. If you were an ice-cream, what flavour would you be?
Caramel nut or raspberry-peach, unfortunately they don't sell it anymore!

17. If someone made a short film of your life, who would play you?
Rachel McAdams. I don't exactly know why I chose her.

18. What would your perfect afternoon consist of?
Right now I really fancy having more tea parties.

19. If you were a flower, what would you be?
Normal Lily or Lily of the valley.

20. Tell me a random thing--a quote, line from a song, book, movie..
"It is raining tonight and it sounds like fairies feet dancing over the garret roof." - Emily from Emily of New Moon

3 comments:

Joana said...

I'm sorry for the invasion, but I saw that Inês from Cinnamon Eve (http://eveasaurus.blogspot.com/) tagged you with those questions and I got curious I came to check them out. Then I made a quick visit to your blog, and I just loved it! And you look very cute in your dream dress, if you don't mind me to say so! Please, visit mine http://speechlessmind.blogspot.com/.

Ines said...

oww i would definitely go with japanese, but i'm not to be trusted cause i have an obsession with the japanese people and country. so i'd say italian. i heard the finnish languague doesnt have any european roots, so you'll have to see which one is easier for you.

and it was lovel reading your answers! if you lived in Portugal I would most definitely invite you to a tea party!

btw, when I come back home from England (i will come back on the 20th) i am thinking about making a post about my favourite finnish bloggers, and you'll be included!^^

x

Alice said...

We agreed on Estonian, as it isn't a bad day after all. I'm going to study Italian someday, though!

That's very sweet of you! :)

Post a Comment