10/12/2009

Black and White

I think I don't wear black and white very often, there's also something colourful, too. Today was a different day.
Photobucket
Trying to show you the shape of my beautiful cardigan! It's a vintage cardigan, knitted by my grandmother. Mum said it's from the 50s, but I'll have to ask my granny! I'm sorry about the asymmetrical collar of the blouse, but I didn't notice it before. I would have straightened it. :-)

Photobucket
The buckle thing or whatever it is, is a vintage Kalevala Jewelry piece. I love the creative idea to put it there!

Photobucket
I decided not to go thrifting in my hometown anymore (at least not too often to avoid disappointments), because I never find anything. But then, on Friday, I found the blouse and the skirt that I'm wearing in the photos! The skirt is originally from H&M, but I guess it's very old because I don't recognise the logo.


I'm not a fan of Queen, but one of my favourite songs at the moment is Bohemian Rhapsody. I love the opera parts and the craziness of the song. I've only listened Queen's version once, because I'm in love with this version by Rajaton, a great Finnish a cappella ensemble. I advise you to listen to their Christmas carols, they are so funny!





Another favourite of mine is Puttin' on the Ritz by Fred Astaire. It's just great, there's no denying that. ;)


Have a great day!

12 comments:

Kass said...

That cardigan is stunning, and that fact that your grandmother made it makes is amazing!

Laura said...

What a cool background, is that actually from you room?

Anniina said...

Kass: Thank you! I think so, too. :-)

Laura: Yes it is! :-D I painted the wall a few years ago. The stars form the Virgo constellation, but I added some extra stars around it.

Piia said...

OMG I'm totally in love with your cardigan! It's so sweet! And I'm also a sucker for those old Kalevala Koru jewellery ( pre 60's). Lovely, lovely item!

Stéphanie said...

Oh ! dear ! You're so lovely !
And I love your blog !

Laura said...

Anniina,
Kiitos blogissani käväisemisestä! Olen tosiaan Muuratsalosta kotoisin, löysin blogisi, kun olit kommentoinut jotain flickr-kuvaani joskus kesällä. Huomasin, että samoilta seuduilta ollaan! Itse asiassa luulisin, että äitisi on ehkä ollut openi ala-asteella? Ainakin kuvittelisin muistavani sun näköisen tytön, joka oli mua muutaman vuoden nuorempi..

Ja siinä lehtijutussa kerrottiinkin niistä lapsista, jotka olivat sen tapauksen Satasarvisella nähneet! Aikamoinen sattuma!

esme and the lane way said...

Great cardigan!

Ines said...

wow vintage H&M! i always wondered what it looked like! and that cardigan is truely amazing! congratulations grandmother!

btw, is that your room's wall in the background? i love it!

Anniina said...

esme and the lane way: I love it. :-)

Iines: Thank you! Yes, it is!

Maria Confer said...

Gorgeous outfit. The buckle detail is so amazing.

lululetty.blogspot.com

Danielle said...

Love the cardigan!!!

www.antiquatedtreasures.blogspot.com

Anniina said...

Oh, I skipped some comments.

Piia: Thank you! I haven't seen vintage Kalevala Koru pieces before, but I'd love to!

Stéphanie: Thanks for your nice words! :-)

Laura: Hauskaa! Voi hyvinkin olla, sillä äiti oli Muuratsalon koulussa jonkin aikaa. :)

Maria Confer: Thank you, I think it's just lovely!

Danielle: Me too! =)

Post a Comment