24/12/2009

'Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la, fa la la la!

These last few days I've been working, and before that I was ill, so I haven't done anything very interesting. I've done 8 Christmas cleanings, but now I can just relax. During the holidays I intend to read many books, watch many films, go ice skating, drink mulled wine and do everything you're supposed to do at Christmas time. :-)

One of my favourite Christmas films is Fanny och Alexander by Ingmar Bergman. (If I'll have a girl and a boy, they will be Fanny and Alexander. Not really, but I just love the name Fanny despite its slang meanings.) I am really bad at telling why I like something, I just like it. And, henceforth, remember what Emily of New Moon said: One never can give reasons for enchantment. That's my excuse for not knowing why I like or dislike something. I also recommend Little Women. They celebrate Christmas twice in it, and the film is perfectly lovely in any case! 

My favourite children's Christmas fairytale is the Tailor of Gloucester by Beatrix Potter. I used to watch it when I was little, and I'm extremely happy that my friend lent it to me this Christmas. I'm going to watch it tomorrow, as well as the Snowman. It has always been a part of my Christmas. I highly recommend both of these magical films.











So, with these photos of mine I wish you a very merry Christmas. I hope you all enjoy it. :-)




 
Now, tell me what you are going to do during the holidays? :)

3 comments:

Laura said...

Your holiday plans sound like the perfect ingredients for a lovely Christmas! I definitely have to add ice skating to my Christmas schedule as well. By the way, whenever I'm reading your posts, I always imagine the text being read out load in a lovely British accent!

Harlow said...

Just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas darling, hope you get to do everything you want!

Roosa said...

Lumiukko on kyllä niin ehdoton, joka joulu se on pakko katsoa koska se on niin ihana! :)

Post a Comment