01/05/2010

Is there anything lovelier than cycling on a beautiful spring evening? Even the little drizzle didn't bother me, it was quite refreshing. I could see the ice floes moving, it was marvellous. Eventually the Sun came out, and finally there was a rainbow. I love rainbows.


I found a cameo the other day! I've been searching for a cameo for ages, but I never found any, and I didn't feel good about buying a cameo from etsy or something without seeing it first. Now I just came across this even though I wasn't looking for one. I think I'm going to take the chain off, because it's very long and I'd rather wear the cameo as a brooch.  
I'm a little late since it's already evening, but happy May Day! I spent the evening making these doughnuts, drinking mead and watching an ABBA documentary. Those doughnuts are quite delicious, they are filled with strawberry jam. 
 
Now I'll go catch the end of ABBA: The Movie!

8 comments:

Harlow Darling said...

YUM! Those jam donuts look delicious!
The cameo is lovely, I can't wait to see how you style it when you make it into a brooch, I own quite a few but find it hard to style them because I worry that people will think I'm in a costume seeing as cameos are so victorian. Makes me think of something Anne of Green Gables would wear :)

Anonymous said...

Ihanan näkösiä nuo munkit! Namm : ) toi koru on nätti, mistä löysit?

T. Abigail : D

Chloe, Butterfly Cupcakes said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, and I have the abba singstar, hehe.

Gant Trousers said...

I cant think of anything better! Love spring

hannah said...

oh gosh i agree whole heartedly about cycling in the evening! the breeze in my hair is just the best. lovely cameo you found! and holy home made doughnuts! do you have a deep fryer?

Anniina said...

Harlow Darling: Hehe, thanks! Oh, don't be afraid of wearing them. One should never hide their cameos in a closet or something!

Miia: Ne oli hyviä!!! Löysin sen kirjaston lähellä olevasta antiikkipaikasta. :D

Chloe, Butterfly Cupcakes: Oh, I want it! :D

Gant Trousers: So do I!

Hannah: Yeah, I know what you mean! No, I just put the doughnuts into a saucepot that I filled with oil. =)

Stéphanie said...

Nice pictures !

ina said...

Wow, you really did find THE cameo! That's beautiful!

Post a Comment