01/06/2010

According to Facebook, today is Wear A Dress Day! Naturally I'm wearing a dress. It's a beautiful dress, but I have a few problems with it.




First of all, don't you think it's rather festive? The fabric is really shiny. I don't have any festivities coming up, except for my graduation, but I made a dress for that. And then there's my brother's confirmation (or actually not, because for Orthodox people confirmation and baptism happens at the same time. I was baptized a Lutheran, but my mum become an Orthodox Christian. So I've been and Orthodox practically all my life. Not that I'm that religious, but I just felt like explaining.) But anyway, my brother has his party because he will be participating a camp like the Lutherans' confirmation camp, and I decided I would wear my IVANAhelsinki dress then
The second thing that bothers me is the shoulder pads. My shoulders are quite muscular already, so they just make my shoulders look even bigger.
And then there's the hem. It's awful long! At least compared to my other vintage dresses, and when I'm not wearing heels. Well, it is a gorgeous dress anyway.


4 comments:

ina said...

I don't think it's awful long, I think it's a great length! I do get your point though, it can feel weird if you're not used to that length. But you will for sure get used to it! Maybe the shoulderpads can be removed if they bother you? It's a beautiful dress.

Harlow Darling said...

Actually I rather like all of it! The color is a sweet shade similar to lilac, the little shoulder pads are cute and the lace collar is so cute and dainty :)

MarieBayArea said...

this dress is very pretty. i'm all over the vintage dresses with sweet lace collars.

Fiona Timantti said...

Lovely dress! You look adorable!

Post a Comment