26/06/2010

Happy Midsummer Day! I don't know why, but Midsummer's Eve is (almost) always a rainy day. It was raining cats and dogs! And I missed the local bonfire for the first time in like 10 years! But I guess I'll survive.

Today we celebrated my great-uncle's 80th birthday (why am I always telling about my great-uncles? Well, I happen to have many great-uncles..) and I wore this dress, which is his sister's old, in other words my grandmother's. 


As you can see, I was born a model.. Yeah, right, I always pose like an idiot.


I spent a couple of days in the countryside, at Miia's grandmother's. The place was full of mosquitoes! So I'm quite happy to be back home. But just look at the beautiful scarecrow that Miia and I made! I've been spending so much time with Miia that I almost think she's really my little sister. :-)

And the magic mirror made us look like this. Aren't we just pretty!

9 comments:

Xavi said...

Happy birtday (to your great-uncle). This ir a wonderfull site to spent a lot of hours reading (for example). Your dress is fantastic, of course...

Q's Daydream said...

aww! such pretty pics and I love that dress!

felicia said...

Lovely. So pretty!

Chelsea said...

I love that lake shot. So pretty!

Harlow Darling said...

Lovely photos darling, I actually really like your poses, they are very elegant, as is that beautiful dress you are wearing!

elle s'ennuie said...

It usually rains here as well on that day. In the preceding weeks, the weather forecast for Midsummer Eve is a common topic in the media and conversations... this is the biggest holiday/celebration here, it beats Christmas and Independence Day! This year we were spared from rain though, had lovely weather throughout the day.

Your dress is very pretty, and the third picture with you walking on the pier is simply lovely!

Also, scarecrow-making is truly an art, I love yours. It's great seeing unique and creative scarecrows dotted all over fields and gardens and veggie plots in the countryside! Too bad nowadays so many people just stick some pieces of plastic on a pole and call that a scarecrow. :p

Rebecka said...

Den tredje bilden där vid sjön var verkligen jättefin. Och du passar hemskt bra i den där klänningen.

ina said...

You look pretty.
I spent Midsummer in the southwest and we had a brilliant weather, but also the mosquitos :)

Anonymous said...

Ihana asukokonaisuus ja mekko on unelma,
me likes! :--) (jos meni väärin niin "who gare`s...")
-Arvaa vain! Ps. Kiitos kivasta kortista!

Post a Comment