22/07/2010

Vintage Picnic And Homemade Ice Cream

Well, first of all, those things in the title have nothing in common. I'm just bad at making up titles.

So, there's this Finnish vintage forum called Fintage, which is a great place to discuss vintage things. We had a picnic meeting in Tampere on Sunday. It was such fun too see those people!







The straw hat, the dress and the jacket are all my grandmother's old clothes. The shoes are from a local antique shop. Photo credits go to Jirina and Lassi.

And then about the latter part of the title. Yesterday I finally got around to making ice cream! I did it from the beginning, all by myself! No ice cream machines were used. I definitely recommend trying to make ice cream, it tastes much fresher than the super market ice cream that is full of preservatives etc. Hm, that wasn't exactly baking, but I don't have any other tags for making food!

8 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

Just lovely! :)

Riikka said...

I loved your look - and it was really nice to meet you! :)

Gina Americana said...

Oh, y'all look sooo cute! Just pure lovliness all around that quilt! I'm so looking forward to seeing all of y'all at Helsinki Vintage in September!

Chelsea said...

How picturesuqe! I love it! You look adorable. Love the straw hat. The whole event seems like a magical time machine sort of day.

Xavi said...

wow, nice day of picnic with prety ladies. I'm unhappy because I cannot taste the Ice Cream. :(

Riina said...

Voii! Ihanan näköistä. Toi jäätelö houkuttelee, saisinpa joskus maistaa sitä!

elle s'ennuie said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! Everyone looks so wonderfully dapper in the pictures :)
And ice cream is truly indispensable in this weather!

Anniina said...

Thanks for your lovely comments, everyone! I'm really looking forward to all Fintage meetings.

Post a Comment