26/10/2010

Kohtaamisia

Do you still remember what I wrote a while ago, when I was given a blog award? The ninth thing was "Nice and silly little things in life" and then there were a couple of examples. Well, what happened yesterday certainly belongs to the list. It's a long story, but I will have to start from the beginning. And I just noticed I can't write English anymore, this text is probably full of mistakes!

I met up with two friends and our plan was to visit Notre Dame. I really like churches because of the atmosphere, and they are so beautiful and usually smell good (at least Orthodox churches!). We didn't climb up to the dome, because it was closed for an hour, so we took off to Sacre Coeur.
 Umbrella Man

Isn't that just the loveliest graffiti?
linnut Rebekka and Eve took quite an early train home, so I decided to go home, too, since the weather was all lousy. I think I sat waiting for the train at Gare St Lazare for half an hour when I saw that the Sun was shining again and decided to head back to Notre Dame in order to climb up to the dome. 

When I got there they didn't take more people to the queue, so I started wandering about and ended up at Hôtel de Ville. After a couple of minutes a girl sitting next to me asked if I knew why the building is famous. I had no idea, expect that I thought it might have something to do with the revolution. We chatted for a while and then she asked whether I had plans for the night and told she was going to the Louvre, and as I had nothing arranged I decided to go with her. It turned out she's from Sweden! For some reason I had assumed her to be American. :-D
louvre 

However, it was almost closing time when we got there, so instead of the Louvre we continued on walking, talking and taking photos.
sandraminä
Me and my new friend Sandra! (Okay, I look like I don't have a chin..)
puut
I can't even tell how refreshing it was to meet her just like that. Surprising things like that are exactly what I want more in my life. I'm really glad I didn't take the earlier train home! One little change of mind can be crucial.
minä
I stole the photo of me from her blog!
eiffel
Olen aina pitänyt itseäni hyvänä leipurina, ja erityisen ylpeä olen aina ollut pullistani. Lauantaina leivoin ensimmäistä kertaa pullaa täällä, ja ne onnistuivat oikein hyvin vaikkei tyhmästä ranskalaisesta kaupasta löytynytkään kardemummaa. Mutta. Kukaan ei syö niitä! On ne kuulemma niitä syönyt, mutta kummasti ne ei laatikosta vähene ja oon tänäänkin syönyt itse kymmenen pullaa. :--D Itsetuntoni koki ison kolauksen nyt. Miksei ne halua syödä mun pulliani??? Kotona ne menee aina nopeasti ja niistä tykätään. Tää oli tosiaan mun tärkein uutiseni jonka halusin suomeksi kirjoittaa, eheh. :--)


7 comments:

Harlow Darling said...

Ohhh what a lovely story, I'm so glad you've found another kindrid spirit to enjoy the beauty of Paris with!

Hope everything else is going well for you, or well as possible, and that your au pair family is treating you well and not working you too hard...

Lots of love
Harlow
xxx

ina said...

What a great story and what a great way to meet new people :)

Anonymous said...

Hihii lisää yllättäviä kohtaamisia Ansulle! Oon vähän kateellinen, ei mulle koskaan käy noin!

PS. lähetä mulle sun pullat jos ne ei mee kaupaks!

T: Taitsu

Stéphanie said...

Adorable pictures !

Le garçon avec les lunettes said...

The firts photo is fantastic!!!

felicia said...

Gosh, Paris! Så vackert! Inte minst dina underbara bilder, de får mig att längta långt bort.

Jag tycker du skriver väldigt bra engelska. Jag kanske borde göra det så jag itne glömmer bort all min skolengelska, nu blir jag nästan nervös!

ksuksuli said...

oij nää kuvat on niin ihania ja näitä juttuja on kivaa lukee, vaikken ees ymmärrä englantiiii...

Post a Comment