31/12/2010

Reminiscence

This year I have come across a great many new things. I've met great people, both in Finland (hello to my Fintage friends!) and abroad (hello to my friends in Paris!), found many lovely bands, such as Pony Pony Run Run, Hurts, Mumford & Sons, Chisu, The Kooks, Beirut..  Life's been mostly good, sometimes marvellous, it's the little things that make life great.

What I should still learn to do is appreciate myself (hopefully you feel I appreciate you, though, because I do :). I mean, for instance, not being ashamed of your opinions or things you like. I like thrifting, 60s music, vintage dresses, old films, Disney classics, Charlie McDonnell, Heartbeat, Gossip Girl, Robot Unicorn Attack, Harry Potter books, Inception, Jude Law, good food, old Christmas carols, watching pointless videos on YouTube, L.M. Montgomery, Fanny & Alexander, ABBA, Moomin muggs, Around the World with Willy Fogg, hairbows, Minna Parikka shoes, drinking tea at the Murphy's, doing crazy stuff with my brother, Nyt-liite ("Päivi Räsäsen mielestä kirkosta eroaminen on homojen hommaa"), Katharine Hepburn, and what is there to be ashamed of in all this? I'm full of people saying what one should like, or that you're so embarrassing in doing this and that. Who cares if you're a little silly sometimes? I'm going to do my best to stop caring about other people's opinions so freaking much, and I can tell that this is a big thing for someone who's pretty much never had the courage to just be who they are and standing proudly behind their own opinions, that's what everybody should have the right to.

Therefore I proudly present my own stuff from 2010.

That Day
Do You Believe in Fairies?
London Boys
High On The Sky
See The Sun
 Did she ever exist?
Take Me Home
Lost
Just click on the photos if you want to see them on Flickr.

And then about something I've learnt to do, sewing! These are all my creations.
Sveaborg
Birthday Outfit
Photobucket

Then I wanted to ask something. In general, do you like to see my photography, or would you prefer to see more outfits? At the moment taking outfit photos is a bit difficult, so I'm kind of forced to show you mostly my photographs. 


If anybody is interested, I'm selling some vintage dresses on Huuto.net:

That's pretty much all I wanted to say this time. Happy New Year to everybody!

6 comments:

Harlow Darling said...

You take such beautiful photos darling! I hope you had a good New Years Eve, I wish you all the best for 2011 :)
Lots and lots of love
Harlow
xxx

surfvintage said...

Artist!!!!! I really like your pictures!!!!!!!!
But I must confess I also love your style, I didn't knew you sewed, amazing! lovely lovely dresses!!!
I'd like to buy some of your wonderful creations but actually you sell S sizes and I'm... bigger :S maybe if you sew for custom... ;)

miss-elaineous said...

I love all of your photos, but I especially love your artistic shooting. You inspire me a lot! Please keep taking more photos :)

alexandra grecco said...

so purdy. x

Rhia said...

I like both, outfits and photos, and two combined ;) so feel free to post any when ever you want!

Aiju said...

yeah, outfits AND photography please!

Post a Comment