07/12/2010

Vive La Finlande!

Well, well, I had an outfit post planned for you, but because my camera started flashing some kind of an error thingy I had no chance to take the photos. I really hope the camera won't break down completely or something.

But, since today (or now actually yesterday) is the independence day of Finland, I thought I'd show you some Finnish beauty (nature as well as wonderful people). Beware, a massive  photo attack coming.

suomenlinna
kangasniemi
Autumn Greeting
Christmas Greeting
riina
(We still have to take the perfect cigarette photo, but after that you'll stop smoking, alright Kunnon Karri!!)
Sailing
Three Little Stars
paljaspää (25)
My dear brother Akseli who I miss terribly.
Ahvenamaa (260)
 Hope you don't run into our lovely friends in Turku, Maikki! ;)
paljaspää (13)
Sleeping Sun
Fishing
Spring Delights


Born-to-be graceful ballet dancers.

Just listen to this. For me the lyrics are also very important, so if you're not a Finn, I don't know if it has any meaning to you, but the music is really beautiful, too. Sibelius is the best.


I usually don't post Finnish music because some of you wouldn't understand the lyrics, and the Finnish music I listen to has usually clever lyrics that are not just any nonsense, but now I have the perfect reason to post my Finnish favourites. 







Suomi.

12 comments:

Harlow Darling said...

Ohhhh! What a beautiful country, you are so lucky to come from a place of such beauty! The photo of the lane of birch trees looks just like something out of Anne of Green Gables :P

Hope you're doing well in France and that the French winter isn't getting you down too much! Have you had any macaroons yet?

Love
Harlow
xxx

Gina Americana said...

I ♥ You Suomi! Happy Birthday!

Roosa said...

Suomi <3 Se on niin totta, että omaa kotimaata alkaa arvostaa ihan uudella tavalla kun asuu ulkomailla :) (ihan superhienoja kuvia muuten!)

Dial V for Vintage said...

Pretty photos! I would love to travel to Finland someday! :)

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

Beautiful! I would love to visit Finland.

Pretty Little Pictures said...

I love your blue polkadot dress!! Its beautiful.

Miss Tami Lee said...

So beautiful! When I lived in Germany I always wanted to visit Finland, but sadly never had the chance.

Ines Hunt said...

and now my love for Finland grew ever bigger :D definitely have to go soon!

dont you just feel home is the best place ever when youre living in a foreign country? i always felt that way

Kellie W. said...

Oh my gosh, you live in such a beautiful country. One day I'll have to visit Finland, because it looks absolutely incredible.

Anniina said...

Harlow Darling: Well but think of Australia, it must be soooo beautiful, too! Glad you find the resemblance to Anne of Green Gables, too. Life is ok, but macaroons are too sweet for me! :--D

Gina Americana: So do I!!

Roosa: Niinpä, kaikki pikkuasiat jotka ennen oli mitättömiä tuntuu nyt tosi tärkeiltä. Ja kiitos!

Dial V for Vintage: Thank you, and you should do it! :D

Karen/Small Earth Vintage: Thanks! I'd love to visit the States. :)

Pretty Little Pictures: Why, thanks a lot, it's made by me!

Miss Tami Lee: Glad you liked them! I, on the other hand, have never visited Germany even when I live quite near it!

Ines: Please do, my house can be your hotel! And I've started to feel like that, I miss Finland!

Kellie W: Thanks for your nice comment, I'm so glad you all find Finland a beautiful place as well! :))

Charlie, Feminine Bravery said...

Ihana postaus! Todella kauniita kuvia ja maisemia, ihan silmä lepää :)

xxx Charlie
Feminine Bravery

Anonymous said...

Finlandia is very beautiful. Here in Wisconsin we have a request program for classical music, and each week it seems someone requests Finlandia. There are many people of Finnish heritage here. Are you studying music in France?

Post a Comment