25/03/2011

Paris Tips, II, And First Visitors!

Hello, hello! Sorry for the long break - I didn't have the internet. Now the torture month is over and I know a little bit more about what's going on in the world. Internet isn't my whole life, but when you're living abroad, it's kind of important when you want to contact your family or friends..

Speaking about friends, the Murphy girls came to visit me in Paris! I can't remember the last time I laughed so much! Eila trying to speak French when she really, really can't ("qu'est-ce que bus, aller!"), cheesy jokes, eating desserts, desserts and once again, desserts. I wanted to show them all my favourite places in Paris, and here we go!

We started our tour with the beautiful Starbucks near the Opera, and afterwards we headed into a La Cure Gourmande shop near my school. If you feel like offering yourself a special treat, go buy a couple of their biscuits, or why not a lollipop, it is definitely worth the money. 

boites2
suklaa
boites


On Saturday we took a different path. Saint Michel is one of the areas I like the best, and thereabout you will find the best bookstore in the whole world. Every time I go there, I find a book I want to buy (got Rilla of Ingleside for 2 euros!). Voilà Shakespeare and Company.


shakespeare & company
shakespeareandcompany2
typewriter
lights
someone
upstairs
shakespeare and company
ksksksksk
shakk
hih


I hope you won't die of the flood of photos. Now it is time for me to go to sleep, but I will tell you about the rest of our weekend in due time!

5 comments:

MothMouth said...

Shakespeare and Company really IS the best bookstore in the world! I bought Memoirs of a Geisha and some Lovecraft stories from there, seeing the store's stamp in the cover always cheers me up :)

PS.I love that owl in your shopping bag!

Xavi said...

This book-shops are adorable, like a home. I think sometimes that I'd live inside.

Ah, lovely outfit . I like It.
Best regards from Barcelona
Xavi

Rachel said...

I wish I could tour all the bookshops of Europe. I'm sure they are especially lovely in Paris though.

Riikka said...

These photos are so beautiful!

How long are you in France for? I'm definitely coming to Paris this spring/summer and would love to meet up!

Ninni said...

Luoja mitä kuvia, upeita, tunnelmallisia. Mä niin haluan entistä enemmän tonne!

Post a Comment