06/01/2014

Lately I've been on a spring-like mood. I don't know where it comes from, since we don't even have snow now - it's like an endless autumn. But I really feel like spring! I've been going through my archives in order to find a spring photo that captures the mood, but I haven't had much luck, and I'm forced to describe the feeling in inadequate words:

I feel like riding a bike on a slightly chilly but still warmish evening, when the Sun hasn't yet set. I want to smell the scent of the lake when the ice is breaking. I have the urge to sew summer dresses and listen to spring music. I love seeing everything grow and emerge from under the snow and explore the new scents - even the dusty asphalt smells lovely. There's something greatly hopeful about spring. Everything seems possible, and it's a time for adventures.

When I was younger, like 10 years old or something, I didn't really like spring because I hated the brown, melting snow. But now I can see past it and see all the wonderful things about spring. I wish it was here already. 

A couple of years ago, when I lived in France, I once took a Velib bike and rode around the city of Paris without a destination - that was one of the moments when I've felt completely free and uplifted. That is what spring is about. 

I actually found one photo: it is not a scenery, not a view, but a photo of me. That is how I wanna feel.



Here's one of my spring songs from 2012, the same spring that photo was taken. 




Happy 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment