06/04/2015

The Dream Skirt: Circle, Gathered, Pleated?

When I first fell in love with vintage, and especially the 50s and the 60s, I would browse a lot of photos and illustrations for inspiration. I loved those big skirts - but I never understood that what I wanted wasn't a circle skirt, but a gathered skirt! I only realised it quite recently, maybe a year ago, even though I started learning to sew back in 2009 (when I started this blog...)

Click the photo for source!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/97882991874415916/

McCall's Pattern Fashions - Summer 1960.  Love how the collar appears to be part of the bolero jacket, but is actually attached to the dress.

Now that I am enlightened, I decided to attempt making this kind of skirt. I think I'll go attach the waistband now!


No comments:

Post a Comment